How the Power Plate Works
The Power plate uses a high-speed vibration to send energy through the body. It forces the muscles to contract and relax at a quick pace. Generally, your muscles contract once or twice per second, however when using the power plate, your muscles will contract thirty to fifty times a second.
Benefits of Power Plate
The benefits of Power Plate have been recognized by the medical profession and studies have shown an abundance of health benefits can be gained including:
- Improved muscle strength and power
- Improved flexibility and range of motion
- Reduced pain and soreness with faster recovery
- Reduced appearance of cellulite
- Increased bone mineral density and prevention of bone mineral density loss related to aging
- Improved circulation, cardiovascular and cardiorespiratory functions
- Improved balance, mobility and strength among the elderly and inactive population
- Reduced Visceral Adipose Tissue among overweight and obese patients
- Decreased body fat and increased lean muscle tissue in postmenopausal women
- Improved walking function in those with spinal cord injury
- Reduced pain and fatigue in people with myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia.